My Latest Tweet

My Hair Is Going Green ;-)






This is my current shampoo, and I really like it: Green Earth Invigorating Shampoo.

My hair is softer and cleaner looking, and the natural highlights are more prominent. If you read their website and the shampoo label, they seem to be an environmentally conscious company, which is nice.

One of the reasons this shampoo appeals to me is the fact that it has no Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, which is a common sudsing agent found in most shampoos. A few years ago a friend of mine went on an anti-SLS kick, because some research she had done had revealed that it's possibly carcinogenic. There is a lot of conflicting information out there that debates whether or not this is actually true, but why not err on the side of caution? All I know is that since using a shampoo that doesn't contain SLS, my hair seems a lot healthier, so that does support the theory that SLS is an irritant at least.

So there you go - a product that's apparently not only green, but healthy as well...

1 comment:

Apuch said...

Interesting. The only experience I have with someones hair going green was due to chlorine in their pool. She was a blond and swam often and by mid summer her hair had a definite green hue to it.