I knew that our neighbourhood was one of them, and have always included them in our blue bin, but have never separated them from the other plastics (oops ;) I now resolve to sort them, per the www.myplasticbag.ca suggestion, as follows:
- Turn bags inside-out to ensure they are empty and free of debris.
- Stuff them all into one bag.
- Tie it closed.
- Include in curbside pick up.
Here are some other plastic bag recycling tidbits I've learned:
- Plastic bags with the number 7 on them are not always recyclable - check with your municipality first.
- Numbers 2 and 4 are recyclable (2 is high-density polyethylene film, or HDPE, and 4 is low density or linear-low density polyethylene film, or LDPE/LLDPE)
- Food wrap (such as saran wrap) is not recyclable.
Return to Blog Scene By Jeanne