My Latest Tweet

Flatten Juice Boxes

I used to just crumple our used juice boxes and toss them in a plastic bag. We'd have a bulky, sticky mess that my husband hated to recycle.

Then a friend of mine said to me "Really? You don't flatten them?".

Me: "Flatten them? Seriously? What a good idea. I never thought of that." (I'm bright, but we all have our dull moments.)

Now this is what I do. I unfold all the corners and flatten them. I can now fit 30+ into a bag that previously only held ten of the crumpled ones. I even elasticize them together in little packs of ten. I feel like Martha Stewart, lol.

The best part of this is I can now WALK them up to the depot myself because I can now fit them into my pack-and-go wheelie cart.

(If this is the highlight of my week, does that mean I need to get out more? ;)

Return to Fine Grind

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, no, stay in more and become a "carton recycling enhancement consultant" and claim some 'green' tech grant or other!

Rgds

Damon

Jeanne Elle said...

LOL hee hee... green tech grant!! I like it :)

Growandmake.com said...

There are a lot of uses for these containers. Check out the way that a Philipino women's co-op turns them into lunch boxes. Bazura lunchbox. I've seen these used for soccer balls too.