My Latest Tweet

Another Upside To White Wine ;-)

Ha!! Drunk, drowned fruit flies... heh heh.

Fortunately I didn't have to waste too much wine to catch them ;-) Hubby's beer I can live without (blech) but catching the flies doesn't work quite as well with beer as it does with the wine.

You pour about 1/2 cup of wine in a glass, dip your finger in a teeny bit of dish soap, and then touch the surface of the wine (the soap breaks the surface tension of the wine so that the flies sink and drown, but you only need a tiny bit).

Then you leave the glass wherever the fruit flies accumulate, and let the vino work it's magic (oh and pour yourself a glass while you wait ;-)

2 comments:

Eco Mama said...

I am totally going to try that tonight. Drink the wine, I mean. I guess I could put some out for the fruit flies too. Thanks for the tip!

Jeanne Elle said...

LOL, you're welcome :-)