My Latest Tweet

Why I Bought Seeds On Clearance

Ok NOW I'm inspired. If Emily Jubinvill can grow lettuce, tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, eggplant, peppers, spinach, artichokes, raspberries, peas, beans and broccoli, all in a one bedroom apartment, I should be able to grow a few things in pots in my 2200 sq ft house.

Today I had some time to kill while my daughter was at a party so I wandered into Home Hardware, and discovered that they still had some seeds left. They were on clearance, because with our short growing season in Vancouver it's too late to start many of the crops from seed, but I'm hoping that I can grow some things indoors.

So now with my purchase today, and the seeds I still have leftover from this spring, I have: onions, carrots, radishes, beefsteak tomato, cherry tomato, peas, beans, pepper, cabbage, cantaloupe, chives, thyme, savory, oregano, sage, and basil.

LOL not sure where I'll fit the cantaloupe and cabbage. I guess I can start with some of the things that Emily was able to grow, and take it from there. How nice it would be to have fresh, home grown produce in the middle of winter...

No comments: